Friday, January 17, 2020

To everything, turn, turn turn

I have space to think here and I do a lot of it. To drown it out when I want to sleep I listen to podcasts.
But sometimes it is good to think for a long time.
Life here allows me to think about what I value and time after time it floats back to being happy while feeling I'm contributing, making a difference.
I consume social media and follow the news. I'm struck by the juxtaposition of the joy and horror. Here it's full of the same but perhaps more stark. The special school I visited have almost nothing. They have a room and chairs. One table. A handful of pens. 3 exercise books. This is common here.
We can't change much here. But we have to do something. Spend money and make sure it reaches the people who need it. And give money.
So I feel like my life is extravagant and I feel more privileged than ever before. And I am happy but I could do more.

No comments: