Sunday, November 24, 2019

Avoiding Facebook

My country is about to make a big decision and potentially so is my place of work.
I made a decision to temporarily stop following brain tumour, cancer survivors and VHL things on Facebook.

I hit the snooze for 30 days. 

I have too much in my head to think about that right now and I realised that I'm inundated with updates from strangers. Right now that's not healthy for me. I need a break.

I really need a break and in my small community that is hard to do.

If I could right now I'd go and spend a weekend at my mum and dad's. I'd go alone and I'd enjoy the solitude of the drive and the initial pampering from my mum and then I'd also enjoy the inevitable reality of their lives. Of course that wouldn't be escaping VHL, there in the adapted house that retains the memories of my childhood, despite the new room for my dad and the wheel chairs and scrapes, it would be my VHL. My story, the one that is most real to me.



No comments: