Friday, November 10, 2023

Time to go...

There is a clear theme when you have a disease like VHL... waiting. Waiting for appointments, waiting for results, waiting rooms, waiting games. 

I think most of us learn to forget the wait at times, it sits quietly in the back of our mind and surfaces most when someone else, who is waiting too, asks "do you know when..." or "have you heard?" 

This week, an appointment I'd been waiting for arrived quickly and happily when I could go easily without a lot of rearranging and adjustment. And at the end of it I have a better idea of how long I need to wait for the next bit. I don't know exactly of course, that would be too easy, that would be too convenient. And so I give my news;

mid-December. 

So I'll wait to find out the exact date and then I can plan more. It doesn't just impact me, it means my work, my family and my friends. It means cancelling things, probably, adapting things, likely and a period of recovery, definitely.   

and then, of course, because it is VHL

wait for the next one. 

No comments: