Tuesday, May 28, 2024

inspiring

It's lovely to hear and an odd one at the same time.

Once a neighbour wrote a essay at school about someone who has inspired you and she chose me. 

My godfather has often remarked about the way my dad inspired him and I'm part of that. I replied this time it's one for in front of the other. 

And then at breakfast the day after my uncles funeral my cousin told me I inspired them all. 

It's lovely and strange to be seen that way. I think we all just get on with it. 

I was listening to a podcast with a man who has terminal cancer. He quite rightly said to live each day as your last is exhausting and doesn't last long before you really can't be arsed to. And that's so very true, I don't get to do that. 
My good pal and I laughed that she had witnessed me - very jokingly - told my daughter she couldn't kick me off the sofa (which she was literally trying to do) because I had cancer. My pal found this so funny because she's never heard or known me to use it. Let alone in such a frivolous way. 

I think that's what I inspire... Just getting on with life and although I always have something and could use it more - I will mostly aim to be happy and get on. 

No comments: