Thursday, September 19, 2019

Knowing your surgical anniversary

I don't, well only one of them.
The one that meant my baby girl came screaming healthily into this world.
That's the only one.
I've notice that the other 7 are not dates I can recall, I have a rough idea of months for some of them and I think, given some time I could give am accurate year. But all in all I don't know and I certainly couldn't post about my 1 year, 5 year, 20 year anniversary.
Mind it's taken me all of the years I've been married to get that into my head. And that's because my mum and sister always send me a text so I'm getting better at knowing that month.

The significance of this?

I haven't got the mental capacity to celebrate because there will always be another one. And I have the strength to know that each day is a blessing and an achievement.

So happy anniversary to anyone who has survived and thrived.

And to those who are getting by.

No comments: