Saturday, March 23, 2024

fade

 This morning I looked at my newest set of scars and wondered at them, their size and colour, I don't remember how ling it takes for them to fade. How long the time is for it to be harder to see and when - for me will I find a way to forget too. I don't completely forget but this one, this time was quite straight forward. 

Last night, while out with a friend we talked about what kind of trauma I have experienced and apart from a lot of it, it was interesting to link it to Kate and her news. A complete stranger with cancer, but the world knows. Will she be given the space to deal with it? I sometimes wish more people knew about me. But I see that fades too, everyone at work forgetting that I came in before I was anywhere near healed physically and if I'll ever be healed emotionally. 

No comments: