Thursday, January 21, 2016

Who would be a parent

I refer you back to 'Be the Verse'
so painfully true.

It does me good in my role as a teacher to be on the other side, to sit in a  room and hear things about my child. It helps me remember when I have a child who needs help that the parents should know, have a right to know and maybe, just maybe know more than we do.

But yesterday it took me back to that level of vulnerability that I have been experiencing a lot of late. Today I'd bounced back. Yesterday the tears were just sitting there - ready and willing.

It isn't surprising though is it - a very good friend of mine mentioned recently that she knows people who are find with the mundane, but she knows I'm not. Not sure I've ever had the choice. And I don't choose this, much of this happens without my permission. There are days when I would happily stay in bed all day, stay on the sofa, days when I don't want to do anything at all but they are rare.

Most days I want to get up, be alive. Who doesn't want to be alive?

My daughter is anxious - she had nightmares ones that 'flood into her day' she has only told me about 1.
I see a child who worries in a normal way, I can't lie to her, I can't tell her I'm never going to die.

Are we getting back to normal?

yes

No comments: