Saturday, November 11, 2017

Living your best life

There were so many reasons to move. Today I sat with someone I've only known a little while and confessed to a snobbery I have. We talked about it, he listened and I felt sad that I'd left those vulnerable kids behind.
But in my heart I knew I had to. To save me and in turn my marriage and my child.
I had to find joy again.
I was no use to anyone with darkness knocking at my confidence. I can blame many things, people and naturally myself for the level of depression I experienced but that doesn't help.
Change did.
Big choices, small ones, brave ones. 
They made a difference. 
Love and support.
I am so privileged.
I am lucky despite the troubles I have faced.
I was created with a genetic defect but I know it gave me a strength that has helped me not just survive but thrive.

No comments: