Friday, June 01, 2007

Mum to be

The best thing about having this blog is making contact with other people, well ‘Steven’s Journey’ really. But it makes me feel less isolated. In about 6 weeks my baby is going to actually make her presence know and I’ll see her. So today when I read the other blog I visit most often I thought about a day when I may have to have a conversation with an 18 year old. It may not happen; well at least she might not have VHL and I pray she doesn’t but we may talk about me or granddad. My niece and my dad sat on my sofa and he explained what the operation was for. She took in her nine year old stride. So will my little one.

7 comments:

theEldritch said...

Only six weeks to go, doesn't seem that long since you first said you were pregnant. You haven't said so but I'm assuming everything is going well.

I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have that conversation, no matter what side of it you are on.

Beverly said...

I can't believe you only have six weeks to go! Email me with an address, as my little girl and I love to shop for baby gifts!

Good luck, and thanks for the sweet thoughts lately.

He's ready.

lee said...

The countdown is on -bubby will be here in no time. Enjoy your last days of peace ;).

Tara Ray Eyer said...

Congratulations on your coming baby. I have two girls, three and a half and eight months. Both have VHL, along with myself, my Dad, and my brother. The words will come when you need them. I try to keep things as positive as I can with my three year old and give her age appropriate information. Right now she just knows we go to the doctor a lot, and it doesn't bother her because that is just normal for us. I'm lifeandhope in the VHL community, if you want to chat.

Beverly said...

How much longer? My mom just asked about you last night, and I'm guessing about a month?

Keep us updated on the baby. We're very excited for you.

diary of a genetic defect said...

Hey all

recent computer problems... will sort it soon.

waddafak said...

Photo's of the baby please?