Friday, September 16, 2016

I've got a headache you've got a brain tumour

A new colleague and potential friend, today uttered the phrase in my heading.
I'm an over sharer, well I share a lot but I'd hoped I'd never over done the disease card.
But she has heard a couple of the stories and today we laughed about this. Because yes, I have had a brain tumour, two in fact. Both removed.
I over share...
I share...
I don't shy away from the facts...
But those that really know me have seen the hard shell that I case myself in when I tell of the growths in my body. The dispassionate recount of my dead brother and the, "it will be fine, everything passes" I grew up saying and hearing. They aren't me sharing.
If you've sat with while I've wept, when I've felt alone and frightened, while I shook with anger, then I've shared with you.
Lots of people know the facts, very few know the truth.

No comments: