Sunday, July 23, 2017

The residue of pain

Term is over, and so to is my time at that school.
I left with a sadness and sense of defeat, I felt a bit lost and, although loved by so many, there were key staff who made me feel completely disposable.
While there I did so much, helped so many and because I didn't have quite the same vision, the same sense of urgency I was rejected. That's how I feel.
Three years.
I expected to be there so much longer, I felt part of their #family. Until I was clearly the black sheep.
Lessons I should try and learn, (but never seem to,)
1. don't rush back after surgery. For a while, people are impressed, but often, if your pain and disability aren't seen, then they don't exist for others.
2. Be careful who you trust
3. You're forgettable
4. Your leader needs to be morally aligned to you.

I'll grow from it.

Now I need to wash that away. Move on and be grateful that I could make the difference, I did.
Next adventure.

No comments: