Friday, September 01, 2017

First proper day at my new job

To go from being in charge of so much, to now so little is strange and healthy. Yesterday I happily finished a meeting and went home, cooked, listened to my daughter read and had a relaxing early night. I've read books, done a bit of prep but just enough for now.

The internet is so slow there isn't really anything else to do.

It's surprising but the lack of stress and tension is the best part of this change.

There is some, but that's so much more about where we live and getting used to that, but once we are, well time will tell.

So today I go off to be a new member of staff, not in charge of anyone really. Just the students and I'm told they are a delight.

Freedom from the last year and a chance to start again. I'm privileged in so many ways.

1 comment:

Pharmacy said...

First day at the job and your internet is not working properly. I think they want you to roam around the office and say hi to fellow colleagues. Furnace