Thursday, May 30, 2019

Just a tiny drop of milk

I've been making my dad tea for over 30 years.
He knows I know how he takes it.
Today I asked if he wanted a cup of tea and he said 'yes please, with a tiny drop off milk.'
I smiled.
I put the kettle on and thought about our relationship. It's good to see him but hard to understand him.
I then realised I knew about the milk but wasn't sure what type of cup I should use.
That had changed, maybe... It hadn't.

On a day I feel blessed I thought this a true blessing. Being able to make my dad a cup of tea the way he likes it.

He's off to a music festival and last week he went on a trip up a very large hill.

He is back to inspiring me.

And I'm surrounded by blessings.
A cheese and ham roll
Fresh milk
My bank card working instantly
The London transport system
Pate
Crumpets
A really good washing machine
Central heating
Consistent internet connection
The NHS
Next day delivery
Take away
A trip to the cinema

My mum
My dad
My sister
Her children
My childhood home

Laughing until my face hurts with my family

My health

The sun

Contact with my other home

The love and care and support from so many people

Their positively, compassion and prayers.

I have three homes.

I am blessed.

No comments: