Friday, December 13, 2019

The beginning of the end

For people like me, those of us with a preexisting medical condition the result of the general election was not only sad and disappointing, it was a moment of genuine fear.

We rely so heavily on the NHS and despite it straining at the seams and the waits, the delays and the under staffing, it is ours and it saves our lives.

It has saved my life in the big obvious ways and in the small ways too.

What will become of it now and then us... the first to go I suspect.

First they came for our boarders and I did nothing because I was a native
Then they came for our NHS and I did nothing because I was healthy
Then they came for our schools and I did nothing because I was confident in my children's success
Then they came for me there was nothing left to take


No comments: