Thursday, November 05, 2020

craniversay

It's still remarkable to me that I'm where I am today. I remember the complete reliance on the hope that 5 years ago, they world say ok, yes we will operate. Those of you who know, know. Surgery can be booked in and yet so many things can prevent it happening. 
I don't remember the night before being very different to the many that went before except that hope, an anxious, delicate hope that I almost didn't want to believe in. In case it was snatched away.
I suspect that's how many people are feeling about the election in America right now. Almost too much to believe in, the outcome potentially saving you or the dangerous, frightening chance that they will be even more peril than before.
'I can only make one garuntee and that's I could make you worse.' 
They didn't. I woke up as me, a new me, ready to scrub off the layers that has invisibly stayed on me as I lay in the hospital bed. I know that most of that is gone. But you can't ever be the same after a prolonged exposure to fear and discomfort. I hope America can heal, move on and live with joy, appreciating what it so nearly lost. I am. 

No comments: