Friday, June 04, 2021

a day off

If I was in Norfolk right now I'd be busy. I'd be helping with the preparations. I'm not, I'm here. 
I'm taking my morning slowly. I decided not to go into work. 
I'm not very good at taking time off. I like working, I enjoy my job, but today I knew I needed to stop and be, feel all the things today. 
It's raining (highly unusual here) like the weather is caused by me and my mood. I'll know if that's true if the clouds break after I've said goodbye. 
Today I'm doing almost nothing this morning. I'm still in bed. I'm just letting this all be.
I'm remembering and feeling. 
My dad.
Always brought me a cup of tea on school mornings.
He took the dog got a walk.
He dressed well, had style.
Music meant a huge amount to him.
Best cook.
He never really complained. I don't remember him moaning. He didn't get cross about very much. He was more disappointed. 
He did art.
He was a teacher. 
Those who chose him as a friend loved his sense of humour. I must admit I didn't always get it. They induced a roll of the eyes and a groan from me more often than a laugh.
He was proud of me. 
He was up for an adventure.
He had great hats.
He liked Coventry football club.
He took on surgery like a fucking legend. 
I don't remember him ever really getting drunk. 
My god his curries were good. 
He was a solid, strong and quiet man who I will always love. 
He gave good advice. 

No comments: