Friday, August 13, 2021

turning 43

I will turn 43 very soon. Closer to my desk by date. 10 to go. 
I've been on holiday and had a genuinely relaxing time. As we get closer to home the reality of work and real life has been creeping in. With that my dreams had changed. For the last few months I've dreamt my dad is still alive, I hug him and hold him. Confused by the diagnosis of death. Trying to figure out what we do 'legally' seeing as it's so patently obvious he's still alive. But the last two have been different. He's dead in those and I know it and I can't hold him. Maybe I'm just processing this. Maybe my mind wasn't ready to let go. I'm still not. I want to keep my chance to cuddle him. And properly, as it hurt him to squeeze too tight in the last years of his life. He couldn't really give me the huge hugs he did when I was younger. 


No comments: