Sunday, November 06, 2022

Perfect day

 toady I got up and made myself a cup of tea, and then I finished a jigsaw, made a fried egg sandwich and then did a bit of tidying up. I sorted the water and  brushed my teeth. I looked at social media and posted about why  today mattered. I had a cuppa with a friend, I worked on some stuff and made myself a crumpet with marmite (a real treat) I helped my daughter with an application and I kissed my husband. I planted some seeds and planted out some seedlings. I washed up, twice, maybe three times if you count the little bit in between. I walked around and I smiled. I contacted friends and I watched something on Netflix. I made dinner for my family. I had a bath and scrubbed my skin and washed my hair. I'm typing this now, still smiling. 

A perfect day because I'm living it, unaided and full of gratitude to all the people who made sure I am here. It's my 7 year craniversary. I don't remember the date of my first brain tumour operation. I know that one was in January. I saved the date of this one. It really was a frightening time. I went into that operating theatre not knowing how I would come out, who I would be, even if I'd be alive. Not the first time, but this time, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be alive at the end if I was going to stay the woman who couldn't move for fear of the consequences, who would have given up completely if it had been possible just a few days before, a thinner version of the person who had been admitted 3 weeks before, a person who wasn't sure if she liked herself. 

And so today I'm allowing myself to be happy as I do most days now. I'm lucky. 

No comments: