Sunday, March 05, 2023

home is where the heart is

 I am home, in the Warm Heart of Africa. It certainly felt odd. My heart is split and that might never change.

I understand why I'm feeling this way, I don't feel like I am in either home properly, it's a strange transition and one that I don't want to waste on feeling befuddled and feeling sad about. This morning, having grabbed a grapefruit from my tree and had it for breakfast, reminded me to love each moment I can and take it in. 

I've seen people who are leaving find fault and tell themselves it will be so much better somewhere else. It is different but not better. Some things are lovely to leave behind and some things are not. 


I was struck by the huge difference in my friendships  between the two places are very different. It was lovely to see everyone here but really only one person has a piece of my heart. But in the UK I have a bundle of people with whom my heart has grown. 

My heart is my little family - my little girl who is so tall. And so I'm here with her, my heart. 

No comments: