Monday, April 16, 2007

More thoughts

It can bring you closer. My sister and I have had an interesting relationship; we love each other but recently we have become closer. It was a change in her I think. She realised that she had been holding me at arms length; too afraid to love me completely because somewhere inside it would mean that she wouldn’t hurt so much if I died like our brother. But that was hurting her and with some honesty and perhaps me being a bit more grown up we have become who we are now. Sisters.

Today we talked about VHL. She realised that as her husband who was asking lots of questions about the disease, asked away she felt that she didn’t know anything. She felt like she had heard so much but taken in nothing. Perhaps, but as I said I’ve had to repeat my information so many times I suspect it’s just there.

1 comment:

lee said...

That's lovely that you could become closer -sounds like it was a real breakthrough -it's heartwarming to read :).