Sunday, September 27, 2015

Applying for funding

It might be that they (the NHS) have to apply for funding for treatment every time but I know about this one. I know that I'm expensive.Taxes for me are such a small part of the gratitude I feel to being able to get the support and treatment I get. I've always felt privileged and blessed to have the NHS there for me. I don't know how long it can last.
I imagine this is a tiny part of what Americans feel or fear. Not knowing if you can afford the best cure, even the right scan. It's bad enough having to know you need 6 monthly scans and various other blood tests etc. When I get worried about an odd feeling, I, well, worry but I don't worry that when I ask my GP or my genetic nurse to get some advice, do a test and help and I don't expect that I'll have to find the cash.
What do I do this time, what do I do if they say," oops we;'ve really run out of money", or "Sorry the budget just won't stretch that far and there are other people who need it more."
And naturally I'm still waiting. Oh the waiting. Pals, friends all resisting the urge to ask, "do you have a date yet." and then they don't, I suspect because they worry I have got a date and I'm not telling them, or they missed the email or just because, unlike me, they haven't practice patience quite as often.
I'll probably send another email if I don't have a date by Wednesday.

No comments: