Thursday, September 10, 2015

Hiccups

I've got hiccups.

I've been getting them a lot over the last few month, perhaps more. I get them at least 4 or 5 times a day, more today.
The interesting thing about hiccups is that there is a group of people who feel compelled to let you  know you have hiccups. Then there is a larger group who feel they need to tell you how to get rid of them.

As tempting as it is to say 'it's my brain tumour.' I tend not to, I tend to say yes. I never take their advice. Those people are convinced their way will work and that you have not thought of it yourself, I've never really seen why people feel this is a bodily function that we should try and stop.

Someone pointed out that it might be because we need a thing to say, like ooh pardon or bless you but we don't have a formal hiccups reaction.

I thought that was a good point.

No comments: