Saturday, March 26, 2016

Feeling a bit sick

I don't feel 100% today, end of term and a few too many the night before last, my little one has had a fever. So this feeling is completely normal but I'm having a mild freak out. I feel dizzy, it's a feeling I now associate with the month of horror, the time in my life when I was so completely afraid that was all I was ever going to feel again.

I've done a whole term at school, cried, been near to tears a great deal and who could blame me? I don't know how I feel about everything but I do know that, not for the first time, the fear of VHL is getting in my way more than I'd like it to.

"amazed at how well you've dealt with it" I know loads of people think I'm great because I've bounced back. "I have nothing but admiration for you on how you've come back" and the more honest one "I'm not sure you're coping" even though I got in every single day and haven't quite dropped any balls just not been juggling them with style and grace.

They feel sorry for me don't they... that's the truth and so in a way I'm never going to know what a none VHL me is capable of. And as there will never be a non-VHL version of me perhaps I just have to get used to that. Grrr. I wish I knew if anything I do is good enough, I know I'm not good enough for me. There's the real pressure.

So it's Easter Saturday, I've sent some bits and pieces for work already and done some rehearsal for a play I'm in tonight, I've watched TV, I've had a long bath, I've loved my daughter, I've been made food my my husband and now I'm blogging. I'm trying to clear my head. It isn't working yet. I'm still feeling very unsettled and I think  it might be because my husband comes home with me tomorrow and I'm nervous. For my life to go back to the pre-brain tumour normal, that has to work.

On top of all of this the bugging sensation that some people are always right and in my sense of urgency to move on with life perhaps I'm in too much of a hurry. Give a girl a deadline of 52 and then scare the shit out of her at 37 and give her constant reminders of the limitations of the NHS and you will end up making her move too fast, do too much and live a life that would have been different.
As clear as that is, and as much as that 'makes sense' to those not in the know, I know I bounce from tragedy to crisis to emergency to the hideous truth of everyday, I haven't got time to slow down and reflect and think and value me.

What do I actually want from life...


No comments: