Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Time and a diary

I write a diary to my daughter. I started it when I was told I had kidney cancer and that the operation was a difficult one. A nurse suggested I prepare, just in case.
I survived that and the next operation too. I write to her about her, how she is in my life and what we share.
I sometimes offer words of wisdom, but mostly I say how I feel and what we've been up to.
Recently the times in between writing it have become bigger, over a week, almost two. This isn't because I'm doing lots with her but that I'm busy with work, busy with things other than her.
I need to address that, I need to think about my family more and spend more b time making some memories.
She likes memories, she starts many a conversation with "do you remember when..." I dying know if that's normal for an eight year old but that's all life really is, making memories. Thing is, you have to do stuff to make them.
This Easter I intend to make a few fun, happy memories.

No comments: