Friday, May 06, 2016

Negative bucket list

At the pub, with my favourite colleagues, I was amused by the way the conversation went.
I'm aware that when someone names a generally shite experience, I've nearly always got a personal example or a very close, 'my sister 'my mum' moment. So as we joked about it, she said she would write my list. 'Is there anything you'd haven't experienced?' she laughed...
'Skiing' I replied.
It got me thinking though, my house hasn't been burnt down or flooded. I'm devoid of most natural disasters.
But actually I crave experience. Big ones, life changing ones. I don't think you can have my life and not. I think it's  OK to have a very long negative bucket list.
There are things I know I never want on it: things my parents and sister have had. And we carry on.

Today I am strong. 
Today I cope and live. 
Today I know that a chapter has started to close and yet, the book is nowhere near finished.

No comments: