Friday, August 05, 2016

And now it's goodbye

Appointment started at 2:15, drops and two scans done in relatively quick succession and then over 2 hours wait to see a doctor.
For those of you who attend clinic 12 or many other clinics at Moorefields you will know this wasn't unexpected. And as I predicted my eyes are the same.
Prof Webster appears, wants my doctor, notices it's me and we have a chat.
I'm going to be leaving the care of his team, I'm going to let my VHL team check me out from time to time. And after over 12 years of waiting a really really long time to see a doctor, the scans, the chats the, this is happening and I'm done.
Relationship over.
We agreed.
Mutual.
Respectful.
I thanked him for his care over the years and he said 'you're welcome.'
I walked out, blinded only a little bit by the sun and resumed life in the world.
Bye bye.

No comments: