Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Why am I afraid of therapy?

I'm lucky enough to have a coach. I need it. She is a fantastic woman and sees, enables me to see. Even the uncomfortable truths and helps me accept many things that others can't.
Today she changed mode and she told me she was worried about me and thought I needed help.
The fear hit, the anxiety of therapy hit. Through her recommendation before I'd got as far as booking an appointment only to cancel it.
I began to cry (as I do now) as I thought of sitting in a room letting go.
I just don't feel I can risk it, I confessed. I can't collapse. I feel like it would be giving in. Letting the disease win. I'm scared of what I will say. I don't want to listen to the voice I've spent so long repressing. I push it away, down and I distract myself.
I admitted to her all of this.
She reassured me it wasn't giving in, it was a way to fight. That I wouldn't collapse but instead learn how to be stronger and I would be safe. It would be the place I could safely collapse and then they would put me back together.
I know I should.
I'm just so afraid.
I want someone to do this for me.
I don't like who I am much.
I don't see happiness.
I feel completely sad and disappointed in myself.
I'm losing but I'm lost.
There is no quick fix.

No comments: