Sunday, October 01, 2017

I can't have a baby

I love my daughter, she is our surprise and delight.
I wanted more, I don't admit that often. No point.
But I get a pang of jealousy when I see the bundle of happy faces in pictures or in real life. I know it would be harder but I wanted a noisy family. We're a very controlled and happy  3. The magic number.
It's on my mind that even if I were to have more it's such a reckless thing to do. I'm almost 40. I'm diseased. Yesterday my husband almost didn't get the condom on in time.
I feel sad that it was the fear of the health consequences that have left me in fear and a secret part of me, ever so slightly thinking, ah but I'd have another one. Then I push that away and cover it with the facts.

We'd have to leave here. It would be a logistical nightmare.

No comments: