Thursday, October 19, 2017

#metoo

This hash tag has come at a time when I am strong enough to own it. Oddly having just experienced another incident. A drunk old man. The shock was such that I froze and I found myself right back to the self blame, it's what I do that makes these things happen.
I was too nice to him
I didn't say no
I didn't object to his obviously flirty behaviour the first time I met him, I smiled

But the impact of him grabbing my face and kissing me on the lips and then later grabbing me again and kissing my neck was fear. When I got home to the safety of my husband I cried and cried.

My list is long and as I read other stories I recalled so many more.
They often only last 5 seconds, the cat calling. If you don't smile it's normally followed up with a  'bitch' or other insult.
"Smile sweetheart" just as creepy

Then the slightly longer, having your neck massaged by a man you barely know. Most memorable at a wedding

Being touched when you're pregnant, like you're public property (women do this too but most women ask)

Being grabbed by two men while another shoved his head in my cleavage.

Bum grabbing, very common in pubs and clubs

Thighs felt

Being given drink after drink, tipping them away, saying no... Being walked home, trying to kiss me despite saying no... More than once.

Being touched on the vagina while being given a piggyback

Being raped

And more

Seems VHL isn't the only thing warriors fight. 

No comments: