Saturday, September 21, 2019

Cancer of the elbow

I know I'm not the only one, but every time my body does something unusual or different I imagine the worst.
Last night in the comfort of friends sofa we joked. I felt the relief of articulating my irrational fears, my elbow hurts.
Cancer of the elbow.
You see it was true for me that - you have hiccups you have a brain tumour.

I've convinced myself on so many occasions that I have something new, unrelated to VHL. I await the diagnosis of labial cancer, I won't get cervical cancer, I'll get something rare and not at all connected to VHL.
I have been aware for a long time that life can throw you anything, good and bad and as I accept my privilege and good fortune, I accept the unfortunate and rare too. I don't dwell too much and I don't let it get in the way, but it is there, lingering and insipid.


No comments: