Saturday, October 05, 2019

Coping and worrying

I keep it in check, but I am a worrier. Having am almost teenage daughter helps me focused. My mum, with the bet of intentions told me many of her worries, I could see it on her face and I think I was trained to worry.
I don't want my daughter to worry like I do, but perhaps it's a genetic flaw I have passed on.

I hadn't realised how worried I was about my husband until I saw him starting to get better. He is recovering and I've cautioned him not to move too fast. I could do with him being well, but he isn't and I'm getting on with that, Happily, here our community or neighbours and friends make it so much easier to cope. Little things like a tin of beans after a long day and the comfort of a cup or tea and a chat.

But worried I was, I don't like seeing my strong man unable to get up.

It's made him remember, or recognise how horrible it must have been for me. Not that he ever doubted it, but until you've been dizzy for more than a few hours, you can't really understand. He knows how much worse it was for me, he was the helpless one, sitting by  my hospital bed, trying not to show it on his face in the first few days, then no longer having to hide it as I wouldn't open my eyes. I could sometimes hear the catch in hos voice when he was encouraging me to eat or convince me to have a scan I couldn't face. 


No comments: