Tuesday, December 15, 2020

18mm

We have a friend on campus, who, no matter why a reference to size is mentioned, will inevitably make a joke about the size of his willy, or possibly the size of a vagina. And despite myself it does always make me smile. 

Size matters. 

I'm waiting on the comparative scan information and so with the information yesterday I can only be cautiously happy, but from the previous letter and the report from the most recent scan (last week), 18mm is the same. 

There are a number of caveats to this. 18mm in one direction is good, but what if it's got fatter. Is it a cyst, simple or complex and where is the critter. And also this is in just the one kidney, there's another one with a smaller cyst. 

cyst

growth

tumour

cancer

all can be the same and all can be different. 

size matters

3cm is the generally accepted danger zone, rate of growth is important, but if what I'm tentatively allowing myself to believe is true, then no growth over 19months is an unbelievably good sign. I've had tumours not grow in me for decades. 

Decades in medical advancement means A LOT. 

I think, I hope and want to be sure before I let mu guard down, but I think then, this is the best possible news. It also tells me living a less stressful life and enjoying the sun are important. 



No comments: