Wednesday, December 09, 2020

a newbie again

I wasn't sure where to go, what I needed to take or how to fill the forms in. 
My husband came, my daughter came, that helped by hi t go. Only one person allowed with you. Oh covid.
It all felt new and yet familiar. All broadly the same but enough different to make me nervous.
My name was said in a funny way, luckily I realised it was me. 
I asked for help. 
I was allowed to keep most of my clothes on. Bonus. No gown. different.
I asked for a blanket. The same
It was soft and fluffy. Different
I had to hold my hands over my had for t go scan, that was different.
The technician asked about me and my disease, in a way that made me feel special and important. Different
The noise was the same. The banging and variety. 
The injection was the same.
The automated voice that told me when to breath in and out and relax, same job, but not a person. 
The length. The same
The resolution. The same.
The results... We wait. The same? Oh how I hope.


No comments: