Thursday, January 19, 2023

prediction

 someone I know and respect has begun to read this blog. Exciting and a little unnerving. In response to his comment via email I  thought, well I should read those ones again as, understandably I can't remember what I wrote. And I kept reading, enjoying the memories and reflecting on them and then I see one about my dad and his wobbliness. 

At the time I had simply written that he probably had another 15 years in him. I was kinda spot on. 15 years. good guess hey. 

My little girl is 15 and a half. How many years do I predict for myself? Not my life expectancy. How many does she need? I know that we are making this move, partly to give her a step towards better independence. This week she asked if I would sleep in her bed with her. She didn't want to be alone. I obliged. I know what it means to be able to be there for her, emotionally and physically. 

we have a couple of secret messages we share, I of course won't say what they are but they are proof that we are who we are. No alien invasion. I have the same with my mum. we used it often. She would ask me them when I awoke from an operation. Imagine that, my mum checking I hadn't been replaced by a science experiment. 

I know that's not what that was. I have passed this onto my one. I'll be me always, we have our code. if there is an after life and I get shunted back to her I will be able to prove I'm me. A bit like 'ditto' in the film Ghost. It is ours. 

nope - not telling 

No comments: