Sunday, November 26, 2006

Doing the right thing

We are so excited that we haven’t followed convention and we have told everyone. It is so early but you know what I’m having a baby and if that goes wrong I will have lost a baby so who cares who knows. I was sitting on the tube yesterday and I wanted to tell everyone sitting on there with me. It still doesn’t feel real, I keep expecting it to be over but I’m so happy. The more I think about it the happier I am. So how strange for a really good friend to ask ‘Are you sure you are doing the right thing?’ She also asked if I was going to have the baby tested for VHL, and she remembered that that could happen at 5 weeks. No. Simple as that. No. She said it with love in her heart, she is the type of person who would hate to feel she could have made a difference and didn’t take the risk but it was a strange sensation to even consider the idea. Even if this baby does have VHL I’m not going to want to find out till after it is born and my partner feels the same. Who ever this child becomes it will be ours and we will love it, I may not always like it but I already love him/her.

No we are not getting married!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I'm so thrilled for you!!! VHL or not, this baby will be special. We, of course, had no idea about this disease when Steven was born (he's thought to be a new case of VHL), but I wouldn't change him for the world!

Congrats!

Beverly