Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A down day

Letters arrive for those of us with VHL on a regular basis. Appointments, follow ups scans. In these days of electronic communication it is a surprise to have so many piece of paper. Today three came with NHS written on the envelope and I hoped at least one of them would say when I was going to see the consultant and at last I'd feel we were moving forward. But no they were not and so I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting and I don't even have the distraction of work.
I've been trying to fill up the next few weekends to help with the passing of time.
And the disappointment of these letters today have taken their toll on my mood. Luckily for my little girl she has friends over and they are being silly and laughing and she hasn't noticed I'm grumpy. Oh and I am so very grumpy.
I tried calling other people but I couldn't shift my mood. I thought this might either force me into a good cry or cheer me.
Nope, neither yet.
Ah well, I'll grump on and feel sorry for myself for a bit longer.

No comments: