Friday, June 08, 2012

Merry Christmas

I hope we all have a healthy 2012.

Each year, for as long as I can remember, has had some VHL related moment in it. Each time the ball drops we all hope that it will be a VHL light year, but the truth is of course that there is no such thing these days. Dad gets worse, mum and dad find life harder and harder, my sister does too.

I hide here in London and only look when I have to.

Other families have their trials and some have their tragedies. I think everyone must be quite bored of us. There must be a "oh, what now?" as they open the group email from my mum.

She used to use it to get discounts on shoes... ask me later.

"You've got to get something from this fucking disease." Shoes!

What do I get from it? Determination maybe, I got over my fear of anything new, I decided to live my life but I envy those people who didn't need a dead brother, a broken body and a genetic disease to manage it. Those people exist don't they, naturally determine people who make waves, make changes, make life for themselves and others.

No comments: