Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The unknown

One way I cope is to plan various outcomes to the unknown.

I think them through, who can help, who I'll be, what I need to organise.

I've lucky enough to have a pal who is happy to listen to these plans and she has the good grace and love to join in, to agree or suggest and today she even got excited by one of my random plans as it would mean we would be close to each other in this imagined future.

My plans don't involve me being dead. So far I've decided that I don't need a funeral plan, at the moment all of my plans are me surviving, because I will.

This life, this VHL life means you have these thought though. My daughter and I, while waiting for out karate lesson to start were discussing the possibility of her being a good kidney match, and she at her tender age is automatically willing to give me one of hers. And as she reminded me, she hates injections. I suspect very few people talk about organ donation, let alone to their own mother. I wonder if I'd accept it.


No comments: