Saturday, January 23, 2021

a full bin

 There are moments when you realise that the mundane is such a joyous blessing. Because I tested positive for COVID but my husband and daughter did not I'm in a mini bubble in my own home and from my own family. 

My husband is sleeping in the camper van (a Bongo Friendly - for those of you who know about these things) We are lucky enough to have two bathrooms, one for them and one for me. We aren't touching, I'm not kissing her goodnight I'm not lying on her bed and I'm not getting any cuddles. Yesterday we held hands through a blanket, a risk we were willing to take. 

This morning my husband walked determinedly from the bathroom he now uses with a full bin in his hand, the lid not quite able to shut. She grumbled about this and explained bin etiquette to our daughter. Until now someone else has emptied the bin before it overflows. We exchanged a look. We carried on watching a TV show while he emptied the bin. 

Being a family is about this and I am so very lucky to have it all. I'm so lucky COVID seems to be a harmless virus to me. I'm so lucky. 



No comments: