Sunday, January 17, 2021

Being one of the stats

 I tested positive for covid, I join the millions, billions of people who have. I feel a little fraudulent though, a slight tickle in my throat and that's it. I feel guilty, spreading it as I will most likely have done. I have only been near my family since I thought there was a risk. 

I'm also feeling relieved. Because so far I am totally fine, I was worried, what with all the VHL, the missing adrenal glands, the other stuff. The need for hydrocortisone, the memory of my dad well over 25 years ago when he caught flu. He was so ill and that was when he was healthy. My Drs have trained me well in 'sick day rules' a phrase you probably only know if you are someone who takes medication to stay alive. I have doubled up, even though I feel well. It won't do me any harm and will help cushion anything that might be lurking ready to mess me up. I have an up-to-date injection. 

What has been simply lovely is how many people have sent me supportive messages and made me feel so completely loved and cared for. I think those that know my disease well had the same fears and worries that I had. I know I am surrounded near and far by love and positive energy, and I believe that makes such a difference. I'm one lucky woman. 

No comments: